Toronto, Ontario — Day 3

Our final day in Toronto was my favorite. By Day 3, I was starting to get comfortable with the city. We had enjoyed exploring different neighborhoods during the days and then eating in our local neighborhood in the evenings. I have previously mentioned the abundance of Asian cuisine available here.


To begin our last morning in the city, we made our way to Harbourfront Centre. It’s a gorgeous area.


We had read about The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery and paid a visit. We came away inspired and fascinated by the exhibits, and we still talk about how the contemporary art forms we saw here could be used in a university classroom.


St. Lawrence Market was on our itinerary, as well. I would have been disappointed if we had not visited one of Toronto’s most famous landmarks. We explored the numerous food stalls and found an open table to each lunch.


From St. Lawrence Market, the Distillery District is a relatively short walk away. It’s a cool area. We didn’t try one of its many restaurants because we had already eaten lunch, but there are plenty from which to choose. We did enjoy exploring some of the art galleries and interesting shops, though.


Earlier in the day, we had decided we would come back to the ferry terminal once we were done sightseeing. By the time we got over there, it was mid-afternoon, and we were looking forward to an easy ferry ride to one of Toronto’s islands. We hadn’t thought about where we were going, so once we bought our tickets and got to the gates, we picked the shortest line. We were going to Ward’s Island.


It was a very pleasant visit. Ward’s Island is gorgeous, and the pace is easy. People live here and take the ferry into the city. Visitors come to spend time at the beach, bike around the island, and picnic. We walked the island’s pathways, enjoyed looking at some beautiful homes, and found a shaded bench to take in some views of downtown from across the water.


That wrapped up our adventures in Toronto. We had a very early taxi pickup to get to Toronto Pearson International Airport the next morning, and we were back in Alabama by lunchtime.


Reader Feedback

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s